MUZEUM SUSCH announces its Open Call for the residency programme Temporars Susch as a new activity of Art Stations Foundation CH.
Temporars Susch provides artists of all disciplines, writers, as well as curators, cultural producers, and researchers, from diverse backgrounds and career stages, with individual residencies in an intellectually-stimulating setting. By offering the opportunity to unplug from routines of the every day, the program encourages its participants to explore and engage in producing ideas, dialogue, and cultural debates.
As a non-production oriented program, Temporars Susch neither requires a tangible outcome nor financially supports it. We do, however, expect a generous approach towards sharing knowledge and openness to the communities in the form agreed with each resident, i.e. workshops, artist talks, panel discussions, or other, corresponding with the nature of the resident's research/practice.
Each year, the program comprises four open-call residency slots, each hosting four to six residents and lasting two to four weeks, depending on the individual needs of each resident. The residencies in 2020 are designed for the months of February, May, August and November 2020.
Residents of Temporars Susch will be provided with:
- Accommodation in a single room with access to a shared kitchen and common spaces, including WIFI.
- Travel expenses to and from Susch.
- Maintenance stipend of 350 CHF per week.
To take part in the residency, applicants must submit*:
- basic personal and professional information.
- a letter of motivation with a detailed project of how your own practice/research could benefit from “stopping on request” in Susch.
- a dossier with a maximum of 5 projects.
- We would appreciate if, in addition to the mandatory information, you would briefly outline a proposal of how you would share and engage with the local/regional communities during your residency.
*All applications must be submitted in English.
*All participants must have sufficient knowledge of the English language and they must be at least 18 or older to apply.
The Open Call for residency slots for August 2020 and November 2020 will be opened on January 20th, 2020 with the submission deadline until February 28th, 2020.
The selection process will be carried out by an International Jury.
The results will be announced in May 2020.
We look forward to welcoming you to Chasa Temporars!
Please follow us for information about future Open Calls, they will be announced through our website and social media.